About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Dog Care vs. Child Care

Okay, let me get this straight. I can go into a hospital and birth a baby, take baby to doctor a few times initially, then once a year (barring any unexpected illnesses) after the first year.

I get a dog and I have to

1. purchase an $8.00 county license for her collar
2. provide proof of rabies vaccination
3. administer heartworm protection each month
4. administer flea/tick control each month

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining one bit about the care of a dog, because I continue to discover that it's 100% easier than care of a child. I don't mind the dog following me around all day because the dog isn't equipped to provide the constant chatter of a child.

I just find it interesting all the actions required to protect your dog, while anyone can 'mindlessly' have a child without licensure or required montly care of the child, etc. etc.

No comments: