About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fun Reflections for Mother's Day

Love your children in your heart, but be strict with them in your behavior. Chinese Proverb....Expect when you've reached your absolute limit--at which point give 'em anything they want and go take a nap. American Know-How

The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for thirty years she served the family nothing but leftovers. The origninal meal has never been found. Author/Humorist Calvin Trillin

Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandonded, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate. Author Charlotte E. Gray

Overheard Mom: My husband's great. But I don't need a great husband, I need a great wife.

Definition of a nuclear family: a peri-menopausal mom colliding with her pre-menstrual daughter. Anonymous

A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. Cardinal Mermillod

My mother always used to say, "The older you get, the better you get...unless you're a banana." Rose from the TV series The Golden Girls

Clean as you go and always remember to take good care of your teeth. Muriel Occhino (1909-2003) Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother

Sweetpeabart's favorites from the Just for Moms calendar 2004

No comments: