About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mommy is an Old, Old Woman

Talking to Baby Girl about death, since three of our tadpoles were discovered dead this afternoon*. I told her we would dump them out over the spot where Pooh-Bear Kitty was buried.

She asked, "When will I see Pooh-Bear again?"

I said, "When you go to heaven, you'll see Pooh-Bear."

She said, "When do I go to heaven?"

I said, "When you die."

She asked, "When will I die?"

I told her, "Not until you're an old, old woman."

Baby Girl then said, so very innocently "Like YOU, Mommy???"

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Kerrfunk got to hear the entire exchange and thought that I had the perfect set up for her to say that.

So, the story about the tadpoles....

*Came home from the swimming pool this afternoon to find all three of our remaining tadpoles having gone belly-up. Two of them were on the fast track to becoming frogs....they had all four legs already.

Not sure what the variable was that made them die. I changed their water within the last two days, using the same water procedure as I had been using. The house was (surprisingly) cool, so that wouldn't have been a factor. Don't think Rudy would've kilt them. And they had plenty of food. I suspect something with the water....

Bummer. We have one frog out of four tadpoles.

No comments: