About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Eventful Night

Had an eventful night last night that started off with us taking the 'walk of shame' out of the pool since Baby Girl had some diarrhea. It was mostly in her swim suit, but the manager had to clean some off of the deck, too. We were required to leave, of course.

Got home and were enjoying a quiet evening on the back step. Brought Baby Girl some water in a purple cup and went inside for something. Next thing, I heard her shooing what I thought was a fly away. Then she screamed. Turns out there were yellow-jackets swarming. I went out to see what was going on, got stung on my second toe, figured out they were swarming, scooped up Baby Girl, and ran into the house.

She ended up with a sting on her left index finger and left cheek. She cried and cried. Poor Baby Girl. My toe sting STILL hurts. She did settle down while watching Lord of the Rings with Daddy.

Investigation this morning showed that the yellow jackets have a nest under the back step. I sprayed it, but will probably have to re-apply tonight. I thought maybe they were after the purple cup I had brought out.

OUCH!!! Those buggars hurt!!

No comments: