About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Birthday Designs

Gearing up for Baby Girl's 4th birthday involves planning a design for her birthday invitations. The design below was from last year and I spent a lot of time playing around with the design possibilites. I taught myself what I like to call the "Disney effect" with the sparkles. It's just star and dot symbols laid over the fonts. Disney uses this effect all the time for the princess themes, though I'm guessing they have a much easier tool for applying the effect.

Stay tuned for Baby Girl's invite for this year, which is an Ariel/Little Mermaid theme. I'll try to have that posted this week. I didn't spend as much time playing around with this year's invite. Maybe I'm just getting better, simpler, or lazier????


p.s. I know the picture is not very clear, but you get the idea.

This is the invite....
















..... and this is the envelope








No comments: