About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Mid-Century Antique Floor Lamp

The attic find (minus the lamp shade). A mid-century floor lamp in working condition! Unable to find a Stiffel mark on this and the pole does not have a sliding sleeve to serve as an on-off switch, so must be a knock off....but mid-century nonetheless!

I did a lot of research on this type of lamp so I could figure out which lamp shade works best. The lamp has a center bulb covered by a basket-weave milk glass diffuser and three smaller candelabra lights. It looks like this inside.

I found this lucky lamp shade at my local Ollie's store for $10. That beats the $60 I would have had to spend ordering online.

We're enjoying our mid-century lamp in our 1922 historic home.

No comments: