About Me

My photo
I left my heart in Iowa, United States

Saturday, December 29, 2007

RIP Gray Cat Stray Cat Trey Cat!!!


Took Gray Cat to the vet today so he could have a look over...and get ready for neutering.
Vet said she'd test him for Feline FIV and Feline Leukemia. If he tested positive for either of those, then the best thing to do would be to put him to sleep...for his well-being and well-being of other cats.
Sure enough...he tested positive for BOTH.
Awwwww (sniff). They took him away to put him to sleep.
And they didn't charge me for euthanasia, since he was a stray.
He was pretty sick. They thought he had broken his ankle area and it was healed/healing...but he walked on that part of his leg or something. And I had never noticed 'bugs' in his fur, but in the light at the vet's office, I could see something. They called it lice (different than human lice) or 'walking dandruff'. And those parasites really only show up on sickly animals.
Awwwww.

No comments: